Notes from Chris
Episode 428LISTENER QUESTIONS: Today we have a listener voicemail from Nick and a listener email from Zach:
- Nick was recently asked by a client to help them out with SEO for videos that he's created for them, but he doesn't have much experience doing something like this specifically for video content. How do you create with SEO in mind for content that may be a bit different?
- Zach: "I've found blogs with Amazon affiliate links similar to what I want to do. But they do not rank very well in google for people searching for what I hope to help with. How do I create content that will rank well so people can find what I create?"
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 422 - A California-based professional uses her autoimmune disease to learn about healthy performance food, creating two businesses in the process
- Ep. 423 - When a young woodworker receives a wooden bow tie as a gift, he’s unimpressed. After making his own, he earns $20,000 while going to high school full-time
- Ep. 424 - A freelance graphic designer turns his work research into a gold mine
- Ep. 425 - A full-time marketing director and MBA student writes to every single TEDx events in hopes of getting his first gig. He now earns $30,000 year on the side, speaking at events around the world
- Ep. 426 - After being unimpressed by a lackluster wedding photo booth, a New York couple studies up and enters the market on their own
- Ep. 427 - A New York-based yoga enthusiast starts a socially-conscious clothing line for kids under six
Join the Side Hustle Society!
We've already launched our first iteration of the Side Hustle Society, and if you missed round one, round two is going on through Tuesday night!
This online training program is designed to take you step by step through starting a side hustle project of your own, and it's also going to be an online community where you can connect with other side hustlers, make introductions, and get peer feedback.
Round two is open and will end this upcoming Tuesday, so visit our Society page if you're interested in being a part of a strong and supportive side hustle community!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A passionate choir teacher on a limited budget discovers an untapped market
- A Mississippi husband-and-wife duo keeps things sweet and make $15,000/year on the side selling homemade cinnamon rolls
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Wordpress.com! Whether you’re looking to create a personal blog, business site, or both—you’ll make a big impact, when you build your website on WordPress.com. 💻
Get 15% off when you build your website with Wordpress.com—use promo code PODCAST when you check out.
Get Started Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,