Notes from Chris
Episode 169A COUPLE LISTENER UPDATES & QUESTIONS: This week we had a couple of listener updates from Gavin and Lindsey, and a listener question from Malisa:
- Gavin called in a few weeks ago looking for some guidance. He wanted to put his artwork and photography on t-shirts and mugs, but was having a hard time getting an online presence due to how concerned he was about perfecting every aspect of his website. He's since put up a site at Gavin Duncan Designs!
- Lindsey took inspiration from a previous episode that featured a platform called Skillshare, and she and her mother have started a side hustle using it to show others how to host fabulous tea parties. See what they're all about on their Facebook page.
- Malisa and her husband have found a fantastic idea for a side hustle, but it's centered around creating an app—which neither of them know how to do. She's been listening to the show for a while and has noticed that one of the top points I make is to start with something you know. She wants to know what I recommend to someone who has a validated idea that involves something they don't have prior experience with. To hear more about these listener updates and my response to Malisa's question, tune into the Weekly Recap. If you have something you'd like to say, I'd love to hear from you! Please send all messages to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voice message.
CHRIS' RECOMMENDATIONS: If you're interested in creating an app without experience like Malisa in today's listener question, here are a couple of resources on private (or white) label app options available to you:
- BuildFire: this mobile app development platform makes it easy for businesses, organizations, individuals, and resellers to build apps that they need—no developer skills required
- GoodBarber: This app platform specializes in online apps and they even help you with securing domains and SSL certificates
- Ep. 163 - A Dallas-based flight attendant discovers a way to capitalize on the football craze by providing rentals for the big game and making herself and nearby homeowners a slice of the money pie
- Ep. 164 - A master of time management helps other female entrepreneurs learn to automate the tasks they face every day while creating a flexible second income that pays for her medical bills each month
- Ep. 165 - An interesting side hustle featuring urban hiking in San Francisco that leads to a substantial side income of $50,000 a year
- Ep. 166 - Opportunity knocks for a Utah accountant and leads to a fortuitous side hustle making $70,000 in one year with a $0.99 app
- Ep. 167 - Writing about money-saving hacks and passive income for readers in India yields big money for a software company employee
- Ep. 168 - A Houston mom digs into a side gig with creative and community benefits
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
Subscribe Now For A Free Five Step Tutorial
World Domination Summit is coming up in just over a month! We are sold-out of main stage tickets, however, you can still sign up for some of our Academies. At these 3-hour workshops, you'll have an opportunity to learn something new that will help you live your own remarkable life story. Here are just a few of the awesome topics we have in store for you this year:
- How to Tell Captivating Stories with Marsha Shandur
- Craft Your Time to Dominate Your World with Mike Vardy
- Make A Living Writing with Jeff Goins
- Working It Out: Sustainable Health and Fitness with Mike Goncalves
And so much more! Check out the Academies page for the full schedule.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- The story behind a nomadic family who creates a houseware reselling business using the Fulfillment by Amazon model, with profits going straight to their travel fund
- How a med school program manager creates a side hustle centered around Italian food and culture
- A Texas-based architect turns a pen-making craft he learned from his grandfather into a profitable side hustle, getting featured in GQ Magazine
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Get a FREE Audiobook from Audible!
Audible is offering SHS listeners a free audiobook with a 30-day trial membership. 📚
Just go to audible.com/HUSTLE and browse the unmatched selection of audio programs—download a title free and start listening.
Get it Here
Like the Show? Leave a Rating!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,