Notes from Chris
Episode 92LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Natalie in San Francisco, CA and RJ in Monroe, CT:
- After listening to Side Hustle School, Natalie has started her own side hustle, and she has her site up and running. At this point, she's trying to determine the best steps to promote and drive traffic to it. So far she's tried boosting her website traffic using Facebook Ads, but she's not entirely certain that this is the best route for her to take and has started reaching out to other thought leaders in her field.
- RJ has already started his side hustle, but now he's thinking he'd like to create an app to go along with it. He's looking to bring a developer in to help him, but he's been overwhelmed so far with all of the options available. Additionally, he wants to know what the best way to work with a developer on a budget is.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 86 - John is a car enthusiast who follows up on his curiosity and creates a project that earns $5,000/month on average and has brought in over a million dollars after a decade.
- Ep. 87 - A college student named Chris recognizes major flaws in the cleaning industry and offers a more customer service-driven alternative that brings in around $20,000 a month. Oh, and he’s also able to take off and go to Japan for a week, and not have to worry about the business at all.
- Ep. 88 - After being frustrated in his search for the right tutors for his many children, a busy father named Pete creates a directory that has generated more than 100,000 user profiles.
- Ep. 89 - In the prehistoric age before easy online shopping, a bartender named Dana discovers a way to supplement the tips she lost during a recession by reselling clothing to her friends.
- Ep. 90 - A Washington, DC man named Jesse uses new entrepreneurial skills—and vocal chords—to turn a profit and cultivate community with a unique karaoke league. Five years later, District Karaoke has expanded to include leagues in five cities across the US and brings in around $65,000/year.
- Ep. 91 - A creative director and copywriter in Austin named Brian makes an April Fool’s joke that turns into a long-term income stream engraving tweets into wooden plaques.
Subscribe Now For A Free Five Step Tutorial
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. This up coming week I'll be in San Francisco and Austin (both workshops are almost sold out!), and we just added four more dates to the lineup! Here's where I'll be next:
- San Francisco, CA - April 6th
- Austin, TX - April 8th
- Chicago, IL - May 4th
- Boston, MA - May 6th
- Washington, D.C. - June 8th
- Atlanta, GA - June 10th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- An Instagram project involving intricate calligraphy and hand lettering that makes $9,000 from someone who had never had an account on Instagram before
- A clothing store salesman who ends up creating an innovative product that helps parents and their children...and brings in six-figures a year
- My favorite social good story that we’ve had since starting the show. This will be Ep. 94, and I’m really looking forward to sharing it with you.
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Supporting the sponsors keeps the show free. Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Blue Apron. 👩🍳
Check out this week’s menu and get your first three meals FREE, with free shipping. Get ready to say mmmmmm.
Get Yours Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,