Notes from Chris
Episode 77LISTENER Q&A: Our listener question for this week comes to us from Danielle in Denver: Danielle's question relates to Ep. 43, in which an education district employee creates an online side hustle raking in over $100,000 within her first year. She was able to do this by building up a substantial subscriber, list both on her blog and on Facebook, and marketing her online writing course to them. Danielle is working on building her own email list, and asks "How was she able to get 800 subscribers in her first month?" Note: If you're looking to build an email list as well, check out the service I use called ConvertKit. From that link you can get an exclusive 30-day free trial where you can test out all of their features. Listen to the Weekly Recap for a more comprehensive look at this week's Listener Q&A. Also, if you have a question you'd like answered, send me a voice message. Your question may be featured on the show!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 71 - Colleen came across the idea for her side hustle at a local market, and her story is proof that the most valuable hustling skill is being able to observe what might be a profitable idea, and then follow-through with it.
- Ep. 72 - Megan is an instructor at a university in Texas who discovered that she had a gift for constructing curriculum
- Ep. 73 - Benny's manufacturing side hustle is a creative example of how you can use Facebook ads in combination with a platform like Teespring, a print-on-demand t-shirt vendor
- Ep. 74 - A California woman falls in love with Tango and then makes it her side hustle.
- Ep. 75 - A British pub manager has a creative idea for new pub food that he initially uses to help his boss but then realizes that it might be better for himself.
- Ep. 76 - An artist uses his love of whimsical drawing to create a side hustle selling everything from autographed prints to coffee mugs with his designs on them with Society6.
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. We just wrapped up a sold-out workshop in Los Angeles on Thursday, and here's where I'll be next:
- Denver, CO - March 21st (Almost Sold Out!)
- San Francisco, CA - April 6th
- Austin, TX - April 8th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A Colorado bartender makes tens of thousands of dollars after self-publishing a guide about the "budding" cannabis industry.
- A great social good story about a jewelry side hustle that helps disadvantaged women in Detroit
- A worm empire that earns around $420 a month—yes, the trend of crazy animal related side hustle stories continues!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Indochino, the company that’s reinventing men’s fashion.
Go to Indochino.com to get any premium Indochino suit for just $389, plus free shipping, when you use promo code HUSTLE at checkout. 🤵
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,