Notes from Chris
Episode 561THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: This weekend, I have been out and about! I flew from NYC to Doha, Qatar, and then I booked an award ticket to Vienna. I have not been doing a lot of international travel recently, but back in the day, I used to do this pretty regularly—at least once a month if not more. I've learned a lot over the course of my travels, and I've created a free travel hacking guide. To have it delivered to your inbox, email firstname.lastname@example.org! In today's Weekly Recap, I want to talk a bit about change and reinvention. Last week a listener by the name of Melanie wrote in talking about reinvention, and I mentioned that “Reinvention is a wonderful word and theme.” If you find yourself in a place where you think, "hey, I want to make some changes," the #1 thing I can suggest is to start making those changes right away. Don’t wait for January 1st. Don’t wait until you have everything figured out. Identify just a few things, big or small, that you can do, and get them done! Most of us don’t have a perfectly wonderful life, so you can always improve. Take 10 minutes today and make a decision. Listen to today's Weekly Recap to learn more about my tips for finding ways to reinvent yourself or bring about change!
LISTENER Q&A: This week we had a listener email from Tom:
- Tom: "Hey, Chris! I read Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days and started a hands-free side hustle using Omni to rent out belongings. Thanks for writing the book—it really helped kick me off the couch and into gear! I can't wait to start something else."
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 555 - After losing her job, this digital marketer turns to the kitchen, where she whips up pre-made meals and launches a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Ep. 556 - Two women launch an underwear brand in their spare time. It grows from an early Kickstarter campaign to a multi-million dollar company with more than a dozen employees
- Ep. 557 - This Texas attorney has no Magrittes about starting her easy-to-scale side hustle
- Ep. 558 - When a 5-year-old earns money taking out the trash for neighbors, his mom realizes that piggy banks are more style than function. She then reinvents this classic tool as a “piggy box” that won’t get stuck in the mud
- Ep. 559 - When she discovers the bottom of her bank account, this singer-songwriter offers to write personalized love songs for $325 each
- Ep. 560 - A retired husband-and-wife team make a shift from handmade art to digital art prints. They now sell more than 100 prints each month
We want to hear from you!
The best part of Side Hustle School is our community, and roughly 20% of our episodes come from listeners. Are you working on something and want to share it with us and our audience? If so, we want to hear from you!
Head on over to our online submission page, and we'll be in touch if your story is chosen.
And if you're still working on something but have some questions, we want to hear from you too! Most Weekly Recap episodes include Listener Q&A.
Call the Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), record your question and send it to email@example.com, or just send us an email!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- In several parts of the world, bidets are used in lieu of toilet paper—but why not in Canada? One man sets out to change that, flushing away discouragement and banking profits
- This production supervisor always loved buying video games—but it wasn’t until he stumbled upon some of his favorite games on eBay that he thought about selling them
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,