Notes from Chris
Episode 547THEMES & TAKEAWAYS: Would you say that there's ever a "normal week" in your life? Is there ever a time where things go exactly as planned, without disruptions, and you're not stressed about work? You have time for yourself, time for your side hustle, and everything is just going nice and easy? Well, maybe that happens for some people all the time, most of us have a lot of disruptions. In today's recap, we'll talk more about how to carve out more time for yourself while working a full-time job and a side hustle. Tune in to the Weekly Recap to learn more! LISTENER Q&A: This week we had a listener question in the form of a voicemail from Jeff in California:
- Jeff has been listening to the show for a while now and has been finding a lot of fantastic advice and inspiration in it. He's a Biologist by trade, and his side hustle offers resume services for early career Biologists. While he's hoping to share more about his side hustle soon, he has a question about website brokers—services that buy and sell websites. Why not just take the money you have and buy a business that is already generating a monthly income and maintain it? Can this be a viable side hustle?
- The best answer is "Yes and no"—listen to today's episode to learn more!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 541 - A full-time personal trainer takes her ‘breakfast of champions’ to the next level with pancakes that put the ‘pro’ in protein
- Ep. 542 - Joining Crossfit community changed this stay-at-home dad’s life, so he wanted to give back… and preferably get paid along the way. He finds the solution in sourcing gym chalk from an overseas supplier
- Ep. 543 - After marrying a woman who was born deaf, an actor and musician starts a side hustle captioning theater performances
- Ep. 533 - A traffic engineer begins shooting wedding photography to make some cash on the side, but it’s his niche tutorial website that earns the real money… at least until it doesn’t
- Ep. 545 - When a college student learns to cook, she documents her recipes online, earning more than $1,000/month
- Ep. 546 - A CPA and Side Hustle School listener learns to start her own subscription box. In less than a year, it brings in more than $5,000/month!
Join me at the World Domination Summit!
Have you heard of the World Domination Summit? This is a gathering of awesome people—an event that I've been hosting together with an amazing team in Portland, OR every summer for the past eight years.
WDS 2018 is coming up at the end of the month (June 26th-July 2nd), and we'll be welcoming people from over 30 different countries. With inspiring keynote speakers, a week full of activities and attendee-led meetups, and two incredible parties, you won't want to miss it!
This is our final wave of main stage tickets so visit our website to get your ticket to this incredible, once a year event! We promise that it's unlike anything you've ever experienced before.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- In just one year, this Google product manager earns an extra $100,000 by providing marketing services on Fiverr.com. Learn his tips to hack the platform for yourself!
- In an age of endless distractions, an editor for Superdry found she was reading fewer books. By creating a subscription book club, she now sends new titles to more than 300 people each month
- And so much more!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Uber—the company determined to improve the ridesharing experience for both riders and drivers.
I've seen a lot of these improvements firsthand, but don't just take my word on it! Read more about all of the ways Uber is moving forward—head on over to Uber.com.🚘
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,