Notes from Chris
Episode 323Listener Updates: Today we have listener updates from Audrey and Devon:
- Audrey: "I just wanted to share my Side Hustle progress with you. The day after I finished reading Side Hustle, I decided to reach out to 15 companies to see if they would like to utilize my services, which is helping small businesses maintain an online presence by posting on their social media accounts for them. Within only 30 minutes, I got a callback! I was completely unprepared for the call, but they ended up wanting to move forward and I officially got my first client! It's only an additional few hundred dollars per month, and we are on a month-to-month contract, so they could end at anytime—nonetheless, getting such a quick response motivated me to keep going. Devon: "Well, it's all happening! I am using Kickstarter to fund the first print-run of FLUSTER, and hope to turn it into a side-hustle. Fluster is a social card game that uses unusual questions to inspire thought-provoking and hilarious conversations. It creates memorable and deeply connective moments between humans. So, we're now live on Kickstarter! Needless to say, we're pretty excited, and it's all hands on deck. I dream of the day I can say I became a side-hustler. And I appreciate your part in helping me get to this point where I can say that it feels like it's actually on the horizon with over $6,500 from 156 backers!"
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 317 - After spending 20+ years as a scout and volunteer, a woman creates a series of resources for troop leaders. Selling at just $3-5 an item, she earns $3,000-3,500 each month
- Ep. 318 - A frustrated office worker “throws shade” on her feelings about coming to work each day—then gets paid for her complaints
- Ep. 319 - A Canadian landscaper lands on the side hustle trifecta: passion, skill, and opportunity. He eventually uses his new income to quit his job and travel to 10 countries
- Ep. 320 - After previous side hustle attempts ended in failure, a lifelong corporate employee studies his LinkedIn connections and finds a profitable idea
- Ep. 321 - After feeling jealous over a friend’s boat outing, a San Diego student creates a sharing economy platform to connect adventurers with gear
- Ep. 322 - A marketing exec sits on a domain name for 11 years before finally turning it into a profitable coupon finding site
Make a plan to start your hustle in 27 days or less!
You need more than one source of income. You need a side hustle. Side Hustle builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
The book is out at a bookstore near you (or purchase it online!), and I'm also about to start the tenth week of my 100-city book tour! My bags are packed, and my first stop this week is in Newark (join me!). I hope to see you on the road! Here's where I'll be next:
- Nashville, TN - November 20th
- Los Angeles, CA - November 27th
- Santa Barbara, CA - November 28th
Don’t See Your City? Use the form at the bottom of this page, and let me know where I should go next! I’ll use your input to decide on future book tour stops. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A Texas man puts a bounce in his step by finding a uniquely profitable niche. This bouncy hustle earns multiple six-figures in its first year
- It started with a single Legend of Zelda playing card she drew for a friend and posted on Reddit—then it became a side hustle selling more than 6,400 full decks
- A Thanksgiving baking tradition turns into a $10,000 seasonal side hustle
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,