Notes from Chris
Episode 281LISTENER SHOUTOUTS: This week we have listener check ins from Corinne and Jessica and a listener voice message from Dave:
- Corinne wrote in after listening to Ep. 273 which featured an all-in-one study box for students looking to focus and settle in for the long hours leading up to exam week. In her email, she brings up a couple of good points that could help Craig and Logan reach a larger market.
- Jessica wrote in to share the success she's found after being inspired by the episode featuring Austin Church's Space Retreat (Ep. 60). She created a weekend cottage retreat with aspiring female entrepreneurs who needed a community and others to hold them accountable. Learn more about Jessica's Empire Building Retreat on her female-centric entrepreneurial retreats on her website.
- In the past, Dave has had side hustle ideas for products that he thought would be helpful for him and others, but then he realized that there are already some small-scale operations selling and developing these products. His question—what are the pros and cons of taking on a side hustle selling a product that already exists in some form or another?
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 275 - After spotting an unusual watch design while on vacation in Aruba, this enterprising teen and a friend go on to hustle their way to making five-figures
- Ep. 276 - An American teaching in Taiwan tells tales of foreign lands, packaging them in a series of books for children back home
- Ep. 277 - A Canadian man finds adventure and profit on the road to wet shaving paradise
- Ep. 278 - After saving money on their wedding, a couple gets paid to help others plan theirs—focusing on the social media trend of geofilters
- Ep. 279 - What if you have more than one passion? It probably means you’re normal. In today’s episode, a California man integrates his love for agriculture and pottery
- Ep. 280 - When a British man wonders why he can’t find Nespresso pods in other flavors, his curiosity leads to a pod-tacular side hustle that earns a full-time income
Make a plan to start your hustle in 27 days or less!
You need more than one source of income. You need a side hustle. Side Hustle builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
The book is out at a bookstore near you (or purchase it online!), and I'm also about to start the fourth week of my 100-city book tour! I'm currently in Phoenix, AZ for my stop at Changing Hands Bookstore later this afternoon (join me!), and I hope to see you on the road! Here's where I'll be next:
- Chicago, IL - October 9th
- Vancouver, Canada - October 16th
- Calgary, Canada - October 17th
- Montréal, Canada - October 18th
Don’t See Your City? Use the form at the bottom of this page, and let me know where I should go next! I’ll use your input to decide on future book tour stops. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there!
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- When mosquitos attack, this marketing manager creates a wristband to ward them off. The project is a swarming success!
- Ever been annoyed at someone who double-parks? This Los Angeles designer turned his frustration into a novelty gift item with growing sales.
- And so much more, so stay tuned!
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Get a FREE Audiobook from Audible!
Audible is offering SHS listeners a free copy of the Born For This audiobook with a 30-day trial membership. 📚
Just go to aonc.co/bftaudible and browse the unmatched selection of audio programs and start listening.
Get it Here
Like the Show? Leave a Rating!
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,