As Richard Branson once said, "Business opportunities are like buses, there's always another one coming."
The same could be said for side hustles. As you're listening to these episodes, consider what kind of preparation went into building the side hustles that made them successful and ask yourself:
1. How am I preparing for my side hustle?
2. What steps can I take to create the foundation for a successful hustle?
Remember, inspiration (and luck!) is good, but inspiration combined with action and is much better.
Words of Wisdom
Luck and good fortune can help you along, but hard work and being prepared can take you even further. You may listen to some of these episodes and think that these people just got lucky in finding successful projects—but most of these people worked hard once an opportunity to do something presented itself.
I don't recommend that you wait for luck to come your way, but I do recommend that you be ready to work and hit the ground running if an opportune moment does show up. Some side hustles may come easily, but for the most part, they still require some work on your part especially in the beginning.
Highlights From This Week
- Ep. 22 - Brianna got lucky when she found an open space with minimal overhead for her pop-up shop, but she was a success because she was prepared and worked hard for a solid month getting it off the ground.
- Ep. 23 - Jake was lucky when his listing brought in so many clients, but it was his hard work and dedication that made it sustainable.
- Ep. 27 - Heather got lucky when she came up with the idea for Stressed Mommy, but she was truly successful because she found the time to make her side hustle work despite her busy schedule.
Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel!
If you're going to have a side hustle, you need a small business credit card—and this is the very best. You’ll earn a signup bonus of 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points, which can be transferred to your choice of 11 travel partners. See the world while you’re hustling!
-Special discount for Side Hustle School listeners-
Want to build any kind of website for your hustle? If so, you'll need somewhere to host it! This is the reliable company I've used for my past 5 websites. You can get support 24 hours a day. Don't overpay: get your own hosting plan for just $5 a month!
Quote of the Day
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,