Notes from Chris
Episode 246LISTENER SHOUTOUTS: This week we had a check in from a listener named Kaitlin:
- Thank YOU so much for this show. I am a busy mom of two boys under two. Your show has inspired me to start taking the small amount of free time I have to do something for myself. Though I don't know exactly what my side hustle will be, I do know it will revolve around my obsession with modern cloth diapers. I started building my brand/community on Instagram less than two months ago (@modernbottombabies) and it is going GREAT. I've focused on organic growth and sharing what I love. I have already had the opportunity to work with some awesome brands. Thank you for giving me the push I needed! Now I just have to figure something out to generate income and take the leap! Check out Kaitlin's cloth diaper resource website, Modern Bottom Babies!
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 240 - A Canadian hospitality employee creates a line of tempting teas that grow to sell $60,000-80,000 a month on Amazon.com
- Ep. 241 - After being diagnosed with diabetes, a food blogger creates a sugar-free line of ketchup alternatives
- Ep. 242 - A crowdfunded project to transform LA comedy to households across the country becomes a big success
- Ep. 243 - Looking to add more time to her day, an avid language lover and teacher takes what she uses in the classroom to share it with a larger audience, earning $500/month in the process
- Ep. 244 - In need of some routine before returning to her job as an Ultrasound Technician, a new mother creates a side business focused on self-care coaching
- Ep. 245 - After teaching himself to roast coffee—nearly burning down his apartment in the process—a California man gets creative and uses a social network to grow his hustle
Side Hustle Publication Countdown:
In 16 days (September 19th!), my new book, Side Hustle, will launch—and I can’t wait to share it with you!
The book builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
MORE NEWS IS COMING SOON, BUT FOR NOW:
- You can pre-order the book from your choice of retailers including your favorite local bookstore, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, or anywhere else you’d prefer. Also, if you pre-order the book, you'll get my 48 Side Hustle Ideas bonus PDF. Fill out the form at the bottom of this page to get yours today!
- Join the Street Team and be part of the launch!
- I’ll be doing a 100-city tour throughout the U.S., Canada, U.K., and then eventually the rest of the world. If you represent a company, organization, co-working space, or similar that would like to host an event, let me know.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A college student starts a blog, grows it for 7 years while he works full-time at Target, and now makes more than half a million dollars a year
- A dermatologist enlists the help of his whole family to create an e-commerce site
- How a Facebook post leads a bodybuilder to an incredibly successful side hustle pedaling a protein powder with a secret ingredient...ground up crickets
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Also, if you're interested in joining the Side Hustle Society, visit our Society page to get notified when it goes live!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by Wordpress.com! Whether you’re looking to create a personal blog, business site, or both—you’ll make a big impact, when you build your website on WordPress.com. 💻
Get 15% off when you build your website with Wordpress.com—use promo code PODCAST when you check out.
Get Started Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,