Notes from Chris
Episode 183WEEKLY CHECK-IN: Occasionally, there will be a new question and an opportunity for you to share your side hustle journey on the show! Who has helped you along your journey? I would love to do some shout outs on the show, and give you a chance to acknowledge and thank anyone who has helped you get to the point you're at now on your side hustle. To send in your response either leave me a voice message, call our Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), or make a voice memo on your phone and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
LISTENER Q&A: This week we had a listener question from Paul:
- Paul feels like he often gets these 'diamond in the rough' ideas that would genuinely help people and make hims some additional money. However, many of his ideas involve coding and other technical skills that he doesn't already have. His question—what do I recommend to a potential side hustler who has neither the skills nor the time to learn the skills needed to launch their idea.
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 177 - The busy mother of a child on a specialized diet decides to take action and ‘liberate’ parents like her with her allergen-free food side hustle
- Ep. 178 - A graphic designer in New York City taps into the wedding e-commerce market and turns her side hustle into full-time work bringing in multiple six-figures
- Ep. 179 - Two friends draw on their combined skills and understanding of an ancient Ayurvedic practice to launch a natural mouthwash product, building a $7,000/month side hustle
- Ep. 180 - A classically trained musician creates affordable options for music students in search of quality music demos
- Ep. 181 - An entrepreneur stumbles on a low-tech, high-yield side hustle through his day job, and brings in an extra $22K annually handing out business cards
- Ep. 182 - A Chicago-based plastic recycling sales rep overcomes her fears and doubts to transform her love for DIY lamp shades and $10 in supplies into a multi-million dollar business
Side Hustle Publication Countdown:
In 77 days (September 19th!), my new book, Side Hustle, will launch—and I can’t wait to share it with you!
The book builds on the lessons from the show and presents a step-by-step, 27-day plan to help you create a new source of income without quitting your day job.
MORE NEWS IS COMING SOON, BUT FOR NOW:
- You can pre-order the book from your choice of retailers including your favorite local bookstore, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBooks, or anywhere else you’d prefer. If you pre-order, save your receipt (digital or physical)—I’ll have a special bonus for you later.
- Join the Street Team and be part of the launch!
- I’ll be doing a 100-city tour throughout the U.S., Canada, U.K., and then eventually the rest of the world. If you represent a company, organization, co-working space, or similar that would like to host an event, let me know.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A New York professional rents high-end accessories to brides who want the glam without the buck
- A farmer’s daughter finds a way to bring small-town hospitality to tables all around America, selling handmade linens and accessories that bring people together over meals
- A gripping story that you won't believe featuring two married fitness enthusiasts who capitalize on the niche grip strength market, earning extra cash and peace of mind for their growing family
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Today’s episode of Side Hustle School is brought to you by ShipStation, the #1 choice of online sellers. 📦
To get a 30-day trial AND an additional month free, click the microphone at the top of their page and enter the word HUSTLE.
Get it Here
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,