Notes from Chris
Episode 176A COUPLE LISTENER UPDATES & QUESTIONS: This week we had a couple of listener questions from Audra and Darryl:
- Audra's in the development phase of the project she would like as her side hustle, and she's not sure when she'll have a product to promote. Her question: at what point in the evolution of your side hustle should you put together a website and start promoting it? Is it too soon to start this phase if you don't have the product ready to go?
- After having many of his friends ask about his vegan dietary routine, Darryl decided that it may be a good idea to create a guide e-book to help others adhere to a vegan lifestyle. The only problem is that he’s never written an e-book and has no idea how to go about putting it together, publishing it, and marketing it to others.
CHRIS' RECOMMENDATIONS: If you're interested in creating and selling an e-book like Darryl, here are some resources that you may find helpful:
- E-Junkie: This is an easy to use service that integrates with PayPal and allows you to deliver digital products to your customers. They also offer plenty of pricing tiers, so it's easy to find a plan that works with your budget and current product offerings
- Gumroad: This e-commerce platform is one that I use often on Side Hustle School, and I like it because it's incredibly intuitive and easy to use no matter how technologically savvy you are
EPISODES FROM THIS WEEK: Here's what we heard this week on Side Hustle School! Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 170 - A traveling family creates a houseware reselling business using the Fulfillment by Amazon model, with profits going straight to their travel fund
- Ep. 171 - After yearning to spend more time back in her homeland, a med school program manager creates a side hustle centered around Italian food and culture
- Ep. 172 - A Texas-based architect turns a pen-making craft he learned from his grandfather into a profitable side hustle, getting featured in GQ Magazine
- Ep. 173 - After rejecting the extravagant spending associated with the high-end wine industry, an Alberta man looks to get back to his roots and ends up transitioning to something completely new
- Ep. 174 - A couple in Washington, D.C. convert their passion for travel into a side hustle planning all-inclusive surprise vacations for those who lack the time to do it themselves
- Ep. 175 - An online music marketplace offers a young lawyer an opportunity to fulfill his dreams of having his music heard, and also provides him with a new source of passive income
World Domination Summit is coming up in just a few weeks! We are sold-out of main stage tickets, however, you can still sign up for some of our Academies. At these 3-hour workshops, you'll have an opportunity to learn something new that will help you live your own remarkable life story. Here are just a few of the awesome topics we have in store for you this year:
- How to Tell Captivating Stories with Marsha Shandur
- Craft Your Time to Dominate Your World with Mike Vardy
- Make A Living Writing with Jeff Goins
- Working It Out: Sustainable Health and Fitness with Mike Goncalves
And so much more! Check out the Academies page for the full schedule.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- The busy mother of a child on a specialized diet decides to take action and ‘liberate’ parents like her with her allergen-free food side hustle
- A graphic designer in New York City taps into the wedding e-commerce market and turns her side hustle into full-time work bringing in multiple six-figures
- Two friends draw on their combined skills and understanding of an ancient Ayurvedic practice to launch a natural mouthwash product, building a $7,000/month side hustle
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Thumbtack. From house painting to personal training, Thumbtack makes it easy to find exactly what you’re looking no matter what project is on your list.
Download the app or try it now at Thumbtack.com 📌
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,