Notes from Chris
Episode 141WEEKLY CHECK-IN: Each week, there will be a new question and an opportunity for you to share your side hustle journey on the show! Now that we've been doing this for a while, do you have a side hustle idea or one that you're actively working on, and if so, what is it? To send in your response either leave me a voice message, call our Side Hustle Hotline at 844-9-HUSTLE (844-948-7853), or make a voice memo on your phone and email it to me at email@example.com
LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Kunal in India and Heather in Arizona:
- Kunal has been listening to the show for a while now, and he's been inspired to start a podcast of his very own in his local language featuring business minded people and experts! Of course, this would be the first time Kunal has tried to do something like this, so he's not quite sure where to start and is looking for a plan that he can use to get started.
- Heather has decided to launch a side hustle selling kits for a niche market that she has lots of experience in, but she doesn't really have much experience selling online. Being the research junkie that she is, she's overwhelmed by all of the different options and opinions online. She wants to keep her costs low, but at this point, she'd rather pay someone with lots of experience who can tell her what to do. Her question—does this kind of 1-on-1 coaching exist?
CHRIS' RECOMMENDATIONS: If you're like Kunal in one of today's listener questions, here are some resources to help you start your own podcast.
- Apple Podcasts Podcast Overview: The Hub that Apple Podcasts has set up for those looking for resources to help them start their podcasts
- Audacity: The free, open source, cross-platform audio software I use for multi-track recording and editing for the show
- John Lee Dumas' Podcast Workflow & Free Podcast Course: John is a friend of mine, and he offered me a lot of really great advice when I was getting Side Hustle School started. Here's a link to his podcast workflow and his free podcast course!
- Ep. 135 - A story about an avid plant collector in the UK who makes the most out of a temporary unemployment situation by building and selling glass terrariums
- Ep. 136 - In this story featuring a baked goods side hustle, we take a look at co-packing and how you can use another company to create your food based product according to your specifications, in the quantity you need
- Ep. 137 - A web developer develops an audio system that helps medical students memorize human anatomy and creates a passive side income of $800/month
- Ep. 138 - A web developer and a faceless artist in Florida team up with celebrities on Instagram to promote hip hop glitter pendants. Thug life has never looked so shiny!
- Ep. 139 - Adventures in creating homemade presents for friends and family lead a Beyoncé-obsessed duo to lip balm world domination. Bonus: learn Abraham Lincoln’s favorite dessert recipes
- Ep. 140 - A fantastic success story about how a Texas oncology nurse builds her own handmade hair care line that brings in an additional $80k a year on the side
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. We just added two more dates to the lineup for August! Here's where I'll be next:
- Washington, D.C. - June 8th
- Atlanta, GA - June 10th
- Portland, OR - August 19th
- Anaheim, CA - August 20th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- A busy high-school teacher uploads more than 600 digital products to a peer-to-peer sharing site, where she’s paid a royalty for each sale
- Tired of battling split ends and hair breakage, a fashion and lifestyle blogger switches to satin pillowcases. She then learns to make and sell her own, earning six-figures annually
- Adventures in creating homemade presents for friends and family lead a Beyoncé-obsessed duo to lip balm world domination. Bonus: learn Abraham Lincoln’s favorite dessert recipes
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Harry's. Get the close, comfortable shave you deserve!
Sign up by clicking the button below, and you’ll receive their most popular Trial Set—a 13 dollar value—for FREE when you cover the shipping.💈
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,