Notes from Chris
Episode 106LISTENER Q&A: Our listener questions for this week come to us from Isabeau in Vancouver, B.C. and Sarah in Wisconsin:
- Like many parents, Isabeau has a lot of old toys and children's books laying around the house that she'd like to find homes for, but she's not certain that she has the time or motivation to learn how to use eBay. She's looking for a service—essentially a middle man—who can help her simplify the process.
- Years ago, Sarah pursued a project that she was really passionate about, but the timing wasn't right. Now that she's at a much better point in life, she'd like to revisit it. She's incredibly motivated to get things up and running, but she feels that her family and friends are less supportive and encouraging than they were the first time. Now that she's ready and excited to get started, how can she reignite the excitement?
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS WEEK: Here are some quick highlights for each episode this week. Listen to this week's recap for a more comprehensive highlight reel.
- Ep. 100 - Our 100th episode (!) features an amazing story about how a less than stellar date leads a man in New York City to start a renegade museum tour hustle bringing in $2 million a year
- Ep. 101 - A Finnish expat in Japan creates a unique subscription service shipping boxes packed full of Japanese candy to the rest of the world
- Ep. 102 - A 365-day photo project gets the attention of Apple marketers and transitions to a hustle teaching small business owners how to create videos using their smartphones
- Ep. 103 - A Colorado scientist publishes a fact based science fiction magazine and builds it to a sustainable income of $1,800/month, funded largely by his readers
- Ep. 104 - In this buzzworthy episode, a Texas woman creates a $4,000/month side hustle as an advocate for sustainable honeybee habitats
- Ep. 105 - A fascination for why people think helps a performing artist shift from earning $2,000 for college shows to $20,000 for corporate events
Subscribe Now For A Free Five Step Tutorial
Side Hustle School Live:
Make a plan to start your hustle in 28 days or less.
You need more than one source of income. This in-person workshop (NOT available online) will show you exactly how to set up your first—or your fifth—hustle. We just added two more dates to the lineup for August! Here's where I'll be next:
- Chicago, IL - May 4th
- Boston, MA - May 6th
- Washington, D.C. - June 8th
- Atlanta, GA - June 10th
- Portland, OR - August 19th
- Anaheim, CA - August 20th
Don’t See Your City? Let me know where you live! I’ll use your input to decide on future workshop locations. If we get enough people together in your city, I’ll be there.
Here's what's coming up next...
Each week I'll feature more stories from people who are starting side hustles without quitting their job. Here's a sneak peek of what's coming next week:
- Another subscription model like the one we featured in Ep. 101, but this one focuses on providing healthier meal prepping options for those who don't want to spend a lot of time researching
- How a woman has been able to earn around $1,000 a month helping people reconnect through personal touch
- How a former swimsuit model uses her industry know-how to create a multi-million dollar swimsuit line
Do you have a side hustle story you'd like to share? Fill out the Side Hustle School submission form and your story may be featured on the show!
Earn 50,000 travel rewards points (enough for 2 round-trip plane tickets or $625 in travel credit). You'll also earn 2x points on all travel and dining spend, with zero foreign transaction fees.
I use this card every day all over the world! ✈️
Create your online store with Shopify using an exclusive discount for Side Hustle School listeners. For a limited time, get a free 21-day trial and a 10% discount for a whole year.
Many Side Hustle School listeners are building sites using Shopify's easy-to-learn platform. Try it free today!
Quote of the Day
Sponsors & Gratitude
Side Hustle School is brought to you by Indochino, the company that’s reinventing men’s fashion.
Go to Indochino.com to get any premium Indochino suit for just $389, plus free shipping, when you use promo code HUSTLE at checkout. 🤵
Side Hustle School is for you! If you’re enjoying it, please take a quick moment to leave a rating or write a quick review. It's really easy and it makes a difference! ✅
It also makes a huge difference when you tell your friends about the show. Remember, it's 100% free and listener-supported.
Keep in Touch
There’s a new story every single day on Side Hustle School. Episodes are produced to be short and to the point—I know you’re busy. Be sure you subscribe to get instant notification of the day’s broadcast!
To infinity and beyond,